Sunday, July 02, 2006

How does a Creation bring Glory to its Creator?

This is a complicated question to ponder. It was the topic of discussion at Kaleo this evening. It took us to a study of what exactly glory is. I am not sure if yet I completely understand it; any more that I can fully understand God. I guess we must beg to question, can I bring glory to God? What am I to God who is all powerful and “glorious” that I can contribute anything to the glory which he already possesses? At some level I do not believe that I can. But then again, how can I ignore what scripture commands. I exist for Gods glory. My being has no purpose other than to bring glory unto the one who created me.

Tonight we discussed a myriad of ways in which we glorify things, none of which seemed to touch the glory of God. There are many humble and sacrificial ways in which we can give of our lives to God. I however, would like to focus on the active and creative ways in which we can bring him glory.

God did not create us as passive beings. All of his creation screams of variety and ingenuity, and our souls long for this. What person can not appreciate art, music, a well built car, architecture, wood work, or software. Our souls long to create. I believe that this is a great avenue for our glorification of God. All that we do should point to him. We often have the perspective that our “worship” time is limited to the pew on Sunday. I believe that it is as we walk through our daily lives that we owe tribute to our creator through our actions, through our creativity. I would love to participate as a part of a community of believers worshiping God through acts of creativity; art, music, building things, telling stories, designing Myspace pages. Any tool that we have available to be creative for God, grants us an opportunity to bring him glory.

I am not entirely sure how this pleases him, or adds to the vast creation he has initiated, but I am humbly and excited to create as an act of worship to bring him glory as he has commanded.

No comments:

Exceptional thoughts from other bloggers....