Sunday, May 20, 2007

I AM NOT THEM!!!

Most of the time I have a live and let live mentality. For the most I have ascribed to the "we are all the church" line and not been critical of those whom would choose their own way to share the gospel. As of late I have been feeling a bit more touchy about whom would choose to be our spokespeople to the masses. This weekend my wife participated in the Bay to Breakers race / walk / event in San Francisco. At the end of the race, some 20 to 30,000 people where subjected to the unloving demonstration put on by these morons pictured. I have no platform or means to disassociate much other than here. So here it is. I HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THESE IDIOTS!!!

I can not describe the personal sense of embarrassment at the presence of these self anointed prophets. I often wonder if they realize the damage they are doing to the Kingdom of God for which they slander in the name or my Lord.

There are no kind words that I could share with these compassionless jerks.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's incredibly frustrating. And why am I not surprised that they emphasized 'homosexuals' in the poster? It makes me think of Pat Robertson and others who have literally made millions off of sensational and demonizing fundraising aimed at them.

Anonymous said...

The sign is true isn't it? Why do you hide what your own good book says?
You and those people you call idiots both read and worship from the same book. I don't care if you are holding a sign or not. You are holding the SAME book with the SAME words, and you can't "spin" those words to mean anything other than what they say. If you don't believe what's in your most holy book, then don't call yourself a Christian.

I am a homosexual. And when I see someone who calls themselves a Christian, I see them holding that same sign. You may not say the words, but you preach from a book that does. Own it! Don't be a hypocrite.

Scott Eggert said...

Thank you for your comment Elizabeth. Is it true? WARNING! JUDGMENT! I find it odd that their posters proclaim the sins of thieves, abortion, homosexuals, and alike. Their posters are missing materialism, ignoring the poor, pride, or gossip. When we focus on sin and judgment we ignore the core message of the Gospel, that Christ is the son of a loving God whom was sent to intercede on our behalf with God. The absence of any, or for that matter all, of the their list of grievances would be no indication of righteousness. Our salvation is an undeserved gift from God. If our sign holding friends thought for a second about how their behavior reflected on the God they proclaim to love, or if they themselves possessed an ounce of love for another sinner, they would realize what an abomination their actions actually are.

Christ admonished us to 2 commandments above all others, that we love the Lord our God with all of our heart, soul, mind, and strength; and that we love our neighbor as ourselves. I see neither displayed here in these signs. I will not consider these to be the messengers of God, nor will I count them as brothers and sisters.

Thank you again for the comment. I welcome any further dialog on the subject.

Exceptional thoughts from other bloggers....