Thursday, October 16, 2008

God Wants Me To Be Rich


I ran into this article this week from Portfolio.com. It intrigued me. Having spent most of my life attending a MEGA-Church I had no idea that they could be THIS BIG. I was saddened in some regard about my own preoccupation with wealth and success. Deep down I really dig this. I simply know a bit better to say so now. A 76 million dollar a year budget, a 90 million dollar stadium improvement campaign. And it has all paid off. This is the blessing of the Lord, right?

I would be interested in others thoughts about mega-churches. What do you think of a church that owns a stadium?

1 comment:

Rooted Renaissance Girl said...

I love this subject and unfortunately am rushed for time. Just briefly I would say that I think we have lost the truth of what real blessing is. I hear wealthy Christian people say, "We've really been blessed." Why? Because now you can take care of yourself. I think wealth gives a dilema. Daily you have to choose whether to allow God to provide for you or to provide for yourself, since you are completely able. It's harder to see the direction to go as you have so many possibilities. When I have no other means to provide for myself it is so much easier to see God at work. When there is only one option it's much easier to choose.

Exceptional thoughts from other bloggers....